Author

admin

Browsing

Philadelphia’s Chris Rabb, a far-left state lawmaker backed by the “Squad,” won the crowded and at-times-heated Democratic primary contest for Pennsylvania’s 3rd Congressional District.

The district — rated the most Democratic in the nation — includes much of Center City, all of North Philadelphia and West Philadelphia, and is one of the few Black-majority districts in the country, with Tuesday night’s results essentially foreshadowing November’s likely outcome.

Rabb, whose district includes Mount Airy and West Oak Lane, celebrated endorsements from progressive figures, including members of the “Squad.”

SOROS-BACKED PHILADELPHIA DA SURVIVES PRIMARY CHALLENGE, BUT POTENTIAL GOP WRINKLE AHEAD

State Sen. Sharif Street is the son of former popular yet controversial Mayor John Street, and is endorsed by several officials including his father’s predecessor Ed Rendell.

He is a former chairman of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party and appeared to characterize himself as the true Philadelphian in the race.

“People who are from, live and can vote in Philadelphia have supported me,” Street told the Penn Capital-Star. “People who are from outside the city, they’re cozying up to my opponents.”

Besides Rendell, Street had the endorsement of the state party, Mayor Cherelle Parker and other noted Philadelphians.

Street, who is Muslim, made news when he spoke out against a virulent anti-Israel protest in the city earlier this year, telling Fox News Digital at the time he “forcefully condemn[s] the antisemitic rally that took place today in Rittenhouse Square.”

Rep. Gregorio Casar, D-Texas, was one of several lawmakers to endorse Rabb, saying in a joint statement with Reps. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Maxwell Frost, D-Fla., that Rabb is a “social justice activist [and] an educator who helped unionize 1,500 adjunct professors and a legislator who has taken on Republicans and the billionaire class to create a democracy that works for everyone rather than just the wealthy few.”

PHILLY’S FIREFIGHTERS UNION BACKS BOB CASEY’S RIVAL IN SENATE RACE

Rabb, 56, said in a statement that he also welcomed the endorsement of the left-wing Working Families Party and the Justice Democrats — a group that has supported “Squad” members and other federal candidates of similar ideology.

“Our coalition is people-powered, and our allies are united in our fight to demand a prosperous future for the multiracial working class families and communities who are the heart of Philly and represent our city’s incredible strength and potential,” he said.

Rabb’s political history includes working with the first elected Black Democrat in the Senate, Sen. Carol Moseley-Braun of Illinois, in the 1990s. Two Black Republicans had been elected previously in the 1880s from Mississippi.

Rabb was endorsed by Philadelphia City Council Minority Leader Kendra Brooks and Minority Whip Nicolas O’Rourke, both of the WFP. Republicans have just one member on council — longtime Northeast Philadelphia representative Brian O’Neill, whose presence is considered the “third party.”

Dr. Ala Stanford was recently a Biden administration HHS appointee — as she led the agency’s “Region III” covering Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

The pediatric surgeon made news during her tenure for setting up a major 24-hour COVID-19 vaccine site at Temple University’s Liacouras Center at 15th Street and Montgomery Avenue and reportedly making house calls to offer testing.

With no clear Republican challenger, Tuesday night’s winner is expected to sail to victory in November in what is considered the nation’s most Democratic Congressional District.

<!–>

–>

Democratic-Socialist Mayor Zohran Mamdani of New York City is being slammed by Jewish groups for his decision to miss the city’s historic Israel Day Parade. His decision comes as the Big Apple wrestles with record levels of antisemitism.

Home to the largest Jewish population outside of Israel, Jewish New Yorkers have long viewed the annual parade as one of the city’s clearest public displays of solidarity with both the Jewish state and the community. On Tuesday, two of the city’s most prominent Jewish organizations declined an invitation to a Jewish heritage event held at Gracie Mansion in response to Mamdani’s latest snub.

“Since the very first Israel Parade in 1964, every single sitting Mayor of New York City has joined in the festive celebrations. New York has historically been proud of its deep relationship with Israel. Not joining the parade is an affront to the history of New York City,” Moshe Davis, former Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office to Combat Antisemitism under Mayor Adams, told Fox News Digital.

NYC ANTISEMITIC INCIDENTS NEARLY TRIPLE DESPITE OTHER CRIMES REACHING RECORD LOWS

Earlier this month Mamdani officially confirmed that he would not attend the event, despite soaring antisemitism in New York City and weeks of anti-Israel demonstrations outside synagogues and Jewish communal institutions across the city. Parade, organizers say the event on May 31st is expected to draw record turnout in response to Mamdani’s snub.

While the mayor had previously indicated during an Oct. 2025 interview with the Jewish Telegraphic Agency that he would likely not attend as a matter of political principle, his renewed public confirmation has led to growing criticism.

Fox News Digital reached out to Mayor Mamdani’s office regarding the criticism from Jewish leaders over not attending the parade and were referred by his spokesman to a statement he had given to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.

ERIC ADAMS WARNS NYC ‘NOT FINE’ AFTER MAMDANI’S WIN, SAYS IF HE WAS JEWISH HE’D BE WORRIED FOR HIS CHILDREN

“I look forward to joining and hosting many community events celebrating Jewish life in New York and the rich Jewish history and culture of our city. While I will not be attending the Israel Day Parade, my lack of attendance should not be mistaken for a refusal to provide security or the necessary permits for its safety. I’ve been very clear: I believe in equal rights for all people everywhere. That principle guides me consistently.”

Community leaders say the decision breaks with decades of bipartisan tradition in a city where participation in the parade has long been viewed as both symbolic and expected.

Despite the mayor declining the invitation, New York Governor Kathy Hochul spokesperson confirmed to Fox News Digital that she will participate in the parade.

Organizers say this year’s event is expected to feature more marching groups than ever before, driven not only by support for Israel but also by concern over rising antisemitism.

One person associated with the parade told Fox News Digital the event is expected to be “safer at the parade than in your own home,” citing extensive security coordination surrounding this year’s march.

Still, much of the conversation surrounding the parade has centered on Mamdani’s absence.

SIGN UP FOR ANTISEMITISM EXPOSED NEWSLETTER

During his mayoral campaign, Mamdani suggested he would likely “miss a lot” of New York City’s traditional parades due to his political views, while evaluating appearances “case-by-case.”

Critics argue the Israel Day Parade is not simply another political event, but a longstanding civic tradition closely tied to New York City’s Jewish identity and history.

“The Israel Day Parade is a testament to one of New York City’s most important relationships. From healthcare to technology to innovation, Israel and New York City are partners in building a better future. I want every New Yorker to join the Parade on Fifth Avenue because celebrating this bond isn’t just for the Jewish community, it’s for our entire city,” former Mayor of New York City Eric Adams told Fox News Digital.

The controversy surrounding Mamdani has also widened beyond the parade itself, with the UJA Federation of New York and the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York declining to attend his first Jewish Heritage event for the upcoming Jewish holiday of Shavuot at Gracie Mansion, stating they would not participate in an event hosted by a mayor who “denies the core pillar of our heritage, the State of Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people.”

At the event, Mamdani acknowledged the scale of antisemitism facing the city’s Jewish population, stating, “Jewish New Yorkers, accounting for just nearly 12% of our city’s population, are also the targets of more than 50% of all hate crimes.”

He also announced a proposed $26 million annual investment toward expanding hate crime prevention efforts under the city’s Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes. Details of the proposal were not clear at how he would tackle antisemitism at time of publication.

Ambassador Rabbi Yehuda Kaploun, Trump’s special envoy to monitor and combat antisemitism, told Fox News Digital when asked about Mamdani’s position that, “It is important we recognize the need for leaders to uphold their responsibility to protect religious freedom and refrain from making incendiary comments that contribute to the rise of antisemitism. Leaders who fail to do so bear responsibility for the increase in antisemitic activity.”

This year’s parade is also expected to feature expanded interfaith participation. In a first for the event’s 61-year history, some Muslim groups are slated to march alongside Jewish organizations, in addition to expanded participation from Asian American groups and others.

<!–>

–>

California Republican gubernatorial frontrunner Steve Hilton blasted Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom for “fear mongering” after the governor suggested he had a contingency plan if Democrats appeared at risk of being shut out of the general election.

California’s primary election is just two weeks away, and under the state’s jungle primary system — where the top two vote-getters advance regardless of party — both Democrats and Republicans fear they won’t be represented in the general election.

Newsom expressed his concern about a Republican shutdown last Thursday during a news conference, explaining that he has a “break the glass scenario” to ensure Democrats aren’t “locked out.”

“There’s many people that have a deep understanding of what it would look like if Democrats were locked out, and we’re going to do everything to make sure that doesn’t happen,” Newsom said. “I’ll leave it there.”

JOY REID BLASTS CA DEMS FOR LETTING GOP CONTENDERS TAKE LEAD IN GOVERNOR’S RACE

Fox News Digital reached out to Newsom’s office for further comment.

Hilton claimed that Newsom’s comments were a tactic to split Republican voters between himself and Republican candidate Chad Bianco.

“He’s not trying to stop a ‘top two Republican’ outcome because that is not possible and never was,” Hilton said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “Chad Bianco is far behind in the polls and fundraising, and has no chance of being in the top two.”

GOP CANDIDATE BIANCO’S TWO-WORD JAB AT KATIE PORTER DRAWS GASPS FROM CALIFORNIA DEBATE AUDIENCE

RealClearPolitics’ polling averages show Hilton leading the pack of candidates, with Democratic candidate Xavier Becerra in a close second. Meanwhile, Bianco trails in fourth place.

Hilton argued it would be Newsom’s “ideal scenario” to have two Democrats facing off, saying it would deflect attention from Newsom’s “appalling record” as he eyes a 2028 presidential run.

“Newsom and the Democrats are fearmongering over a R vs R matchup in the general election precisely to encourage Republicans to split their votes, thus guaranteeing an all-Democrat top two,” Hilton said in a statement for Fox News Digital.

In a video posted to X on Tuesday, Hilton called on his Republican opponent Bianco to drop out of the race, in an effort to ensure a Republican is on the ballot.

Political strategists have said there is a valid fear among both Democrats and Republicans that their party could be shut out of the general election due to the jungle primary system, which went into effect after voters approved it in a statewide referendum in 2010.

“This is really the first gubernatorial election where there’s no obvious winner, so that’s why it’s such a tense thing,” Richard Winger, owner of Ballot Access News, told Fox News Digital.

Winger and former Democratic state Sen. Dario Frommer pointed to other races where the seat was open and two candidates of the same party were running against each other in the general election.

“The Republicans were shut out in the California U.S. Senate primary in 2018 when the top two vote getters were Kamala Harris and Rep. Linda Sanchez, and there have been other races where either Republicans or Democrats were shut out of the general election because of the top two,” Frommer, who is now a legislative strategist, told Fox News Digital.

“I think early on there was genuine, genuine concern of the Democratic party, because there were so many Democratic candidates that Hilton and Bianco were going to be the top two vote getters,” Frommer told Fox News Digital. “Now that’s changed a bit.”

Frommer said that, based on current polling, the top two vote-getters appear likely to be Hilton, Becerra, and Democratic candidate Tom Steyer.

But at the same time Frommer said Democrats aren’t in the clear either.

“Usually, there’s a lot more people overall voting by this point, and they’re not, and so I think that concern is real for Democrats, that people wait too long to fill out their ballots, and there’s only two Republican candidates,” Frommer told Fox News Digital.

The fear of either party being shut out of the general election this fall has prompted Democratic strategist Steven Maviglio to organize a ballot initiative campaign to eliminate the jungle primary system, a measure that could appear on the 2028 ballot.

“I think if two Republicans make the ballot, or if two Democrats make the ballot, then voter outrage will be high, and that will only focus on just what a failed experiment this is,” Maviglio said of the jungle primary system.

<!–>

–>

LASK, Poland — Poland is expected to receive its first F-35 fighter jets “very, very soon”, Polish Deputy Defense Minister Paweł Zalewski told Fox News Digital, as American and Polish forces prepare together at a key NATO air base near the alliance’s eastern flank.

Fox News Digital received exclusive access to Poland’s 32nd Tactical Air Base in Lask, where commanders pointed to the hangars being prepared for the arrival of the U.S.- made fifth-generation aircraft, part of Poland’s $4.6 billion purchase of 32 F-35 from Lockheed Martin.

The jets have not arrived yet, but the partnership behind them already has.

POLAND SEEKS ANSWERS AFTER PENTAGON SCRAPS PLANNED US ARMORED BRIGADE ROTATION

Polish and American personnel train, operate and in some cases are stationed together on the base, reflecting the unusually close military relationship between Warsaw and Washington at a time when NATO burden-sharing remains under political scrutiny.

Lt. Col. Pete Nanoslawski, commander of the 52nd Operations Group Detachment 1 of the U.S. Air Force, originally from New York and stationed in Poland for the past five years, told Fox News Digital that Poland’s military modernization has significantly deepened cooperation between the two militaries.

“We are experiencing incredible support from Polish-provided logistics support and Polish-provided infrastructure,” Nanoslawski said while standing alongside Polish commanders on the base.

He said Poland’s investment in American military systems and joint operations reflects how seriously Warsaw views threats from Russia. “Their foreign military sales portfolio is an appetite that’s insatiable, and rightfully so.”

The close relationship between the two militaries was visible throughout the visit. As Polish commanders spoke about cooperation with the United States, they frequently turned toward their American counterparts with familiarity that went beyond formal alliance language.

NATO ALLY POLAND WARNS RUSSIA, BELARUS PUSHING ILLEGAL MIGRANTS TOWARD ALLIANCE — AND THE US

“We speak the same language, only with different accents,” Col. pilot Krzysztof Duda, commander of the 32nd Tactical Air Base in Lask, told Fox News Digital.

Duda, who studied in the United States and attended the U.S. Air War College, described himself as “a child of the American education system.”

“The marriage we have with the U.S. on the military level, even if you want to divorce, we would not,” Duda said with a smile,”But we don’t want the divorce.”

Nanoslawski added that the American presence in Poland provides “enhanced forward presence and the ability to maneuver and adjust rapidly.”

The partnership is now entering a new phase with the integration of the U.S.-made F-35 into Poland’s air force fleet.

Poland signed a $4.6 billion agreement in 2020 to purchase 32 F-35A fighter jets manufactured by Lockheed Martin.

Duda, who is overseeing the implementation process at Lask, said the transition involves years of training, infrastructure upgrades and coordination with the United States.

Training to become an F35 pilot is not just a long process, it’s an expensive one too — Duda estimates that it costs around $55 million per pilot.

The base itself has undergone extensive modernization to prepare for the aircraft, including new operational infrastructure, maintenance systems and classified facilities required under American certification standards.

In an interview with Fox News Digital in Warsaw, Polish Deputy Defense Minister Paweł Zalewski confirmed the first F-35 arrival is expected soon. “I can confirm that it will be very, very soon,” Zalewski said.

POLAND SHOOTS DOWN DRONES IN ITS AIRSPACE DURING RUSSIAN ATTACK ON NEIGHBORING UKRAINE

“F-35s provides very, very important capabilities, so it offers domination in the air. That is crucial in the battlefield nowadays,” he added. “It will be a capability developed together with Americans.”

At a time when NATO burden-sharing remains a recurring debate in Washington, Poland has emerged as one of the alliance’s strongest military partners, dramatically increasing defense spending, purchasing American weapons systems and hosting U.S. forces.

For many Polish officers, the threat from Moscow is deeply personal.

Lt. Col. “Shooter,” a Polish F-16 pilot at the base, told Fox News Digital that countries on NATO’s eastern flank still carry memories of Soviet domination.

POLISH GOVERNMENT PLANS MANDATORY MILITARY TRAINING FOR ADULT MEN

“There are still people that lived in communism,” he said. “We remember, and we don’t want anything like that to happen again.”

Looking at Russia’s actions in Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea and Ukraine, he said Poland believes deterrence is essential.

“We have this intuition probably written in our DNA,” Shooter said. “When they are doing something, they’re not going to stop unless the cost of the further operation is going to be more than what they’re going to gain.”

According to the U.S. Air Force, Polish pilots began F-35 training in the United States in 2024, including at Ebbing Air National Guard Base in Arkansas. The 33rd Fighter Wing announced in February that a Polish pilot had completed the first flight on Poland’s new F-35A aircraft as part of the training program.

Lockheed Martin told Fox News Digital that “integration of the F-35 into the Polish Air Force fleet advances regional deterrence, enhances interoperability and strengthens European security.”

“As seen in recent combat and air policing operations, the F-35 is actively helping defend NATO and allied airspace by deterring and defeating threats, and it will protect Poland’s national security for decades to come,” a company spokesperson said.

The company added that preparations are continuing for Poland’s first in-country F-35 arrival celebration at Lask in June.

<!–>

–>